<$BlogRSDUrl$>
ranDOMinion
where ranDOMness is key...

Sunday, May 30, 2004
Wow. I don't think I've ever been so put off. If there was ever a day to experience persecution for faith, it was today.

At Friend A's house, we were watching the hockey game and goofing around online. Friend B sits down at computer with my MSN logged on. No big deal, I know the guy's got class. "Who's this?" Friend B asks. "A girl from my band". So Frind B continues talking to Girl From Band for a while, then does a double-take and says, "Wait, which band?". I answer, "From school". Friend B slowly sits back from the keyboard and says, "Oh". Oh. I say to Friend B, "I'm Christian, what difference does it make?" Friend A says, "The difference is that she's untappable". I say to both of them "She's untappable because she has a boyfriend of two years. This is a normal reason not to tap in even non-christian society". But alas, Friend B is so put off by the declaration of her faith that he decides she is no longer worth talking to.

Friend A, Friend B, myself and friends C through J (yes, 11) are going out for sushi, not long thereafter. Friend B continues making jokes like "Christian parties: No Fun Zone" and misquotes biblical principles.

Friend B: I'm sorry that you are so ignorant. Maybe you should come to a Christian party, and see what one is really like. Maybe you'd like to read the Bible too, so that you may first know what it is you are trashing, and second maybe understand it, too. This isn't the first time you've treated me like this. I wonder how many other people around you feel the same way...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home