<$BlogRSDUrl$>
ranDOMinion
where ranDOMness is key...

Props

Sunday, June 27, 2004
I would like to give props to the great sufferers of our day in an attempt to liken myself to their suffering conditions.

Props to the homosexual. You guys, and gals, have suffered persecution and fear for many many years. I can't say decades, cuz I don't know if it's true or not to say centuries. Famous writer Oscar Wilde is thought to be homosexual, and he live in mid-1800's. Sure you practice something that isn't normal to society, but this is the country we live in, one that is free. You deserve all the love that this world has to offer, just as much as the next guy/gal.

Props to the homeless. I can't imainge what it's like to live without a home; somewhere to go to for refuge, support, and love. Still to this day, going down hastings and East side Vancouver, I lock my doors out of fear. It's not right. I wish I could say I knew the source of the problem there, but I just don't, and I wish I could help in a more effective way than going to soup kitchens and feeding you just for a night.

Props to the kids at Children's Hospitals all over. You guys know a thing or two about a life that isn't fair, but you keep trucking, and see it through. You gain a different perspective to life and have the ability to take life's punches better than anyone else; trained as a kid to deal beyond what you should.

Props to the broken-hearted, for it is better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all. You guys have the balls to go out there, have fun, even knowing that you'd probably get hurt. And you did. Keep that confidence, cuz it's my understanding that it gets easier every time. Hopefully though, there aren't enough times that makes it easy enough to love and forget overnight.

Props to those in eating disorder; to the bulimic, anorexic and the obese. For reasons often out of control, the normal function of eating is put way off. Media, chemical imbalance, pychological reasons beyond my understanding all contribute, and usually there is no choice in the matter. Acknowledging the problem is such a feat; took me a long time. It's good to be on the other side.

Props to those with broken families. The trauma and confusion must be unbarable. I only pray that you don't get scarred, and that you don't repeat the same events in your lives.

Props to everyone else who suffers. May those able to help be open, loving and comforting to you, that we be sensitive, and sincere. The world is unfair, but if I could, I'd change it all.

Until then, God bless you all.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home