<$BlogRSDUrl$>
ranDOMinion
where ranDOMness is key...

E-mail Etiquette

Sunday, August 15, 2004
From the Author of "Cell Phone Etiquette", comes this: "E-mail Etiquette; Do's and Don't's".

Do:
Return E-mails. There's nothing worse than someone who hordes e-mails and never gives any out. If someone takes the time to type you up even a hundred words, I think you can do them the favour of typing them a hundred words back.

Enunciate. Make a big deal out of using the proper words, for Clarification's sake! Th's nuttin mo anoyin then sum1 hoo duznt er cant right engish prprly. I mean mistakes are one thing, but THAT is just annoying! I personally enjoy using the period. It makes the statement that, "You can now think about what I have said". It gives permission, and that is something I enjoy giving.

Don't:
Send lame chains. "This person will get money." "You'll have no sex life." "God will strike you down." Listen to this: the e-mail world is almost seperated from the real world. Corporations aren't in on what you say (unless you use G-mail, who use e-mail "reading" technolgy to give you advertising pertaining to you likings. Say you write an e-mail about banking, it gives you banks' ads). And even so, God won't strike anyone. And clicking some buttons will not affect your sex drive, your genitals, or your appearance, so I don't understand why or how it could affect your sex life.

Send "Christian" chains. "Isn't it funny?" Ever read that? Yea, so have I, way too many times. It's sad that showing we are Christian has come down to sending a chain e-mail that nobody took the time to write (...well, it certainetly wasn't you, anyways) when all you really have to do is be Christian in EVERY E-MAIL simply by saying "God bless" or "In His service" and also by showing Christ in you by everything you do. I've never forwarded such an e-mail, but it's not because I was ever ashamed of my faith, it was simply because anybody I could send it to already knew I am/was Chrisitan. Haha, suckers!

So I say to all of you, be aware of your e-mailing scares. Some people have more do's, or more don't's--I sure do--but I think that these are at the core of poor e-mail etiquette. It's about taking time for the person who has to read what you send them. Don't let them down.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home