<$BlogRSDUrl$>
ranDOMinion
where ranDOMness is key...

C'est Drole, Non?

Wednesday, September 29, 2004
Isn't it strange how much easier it is to talk to girls when they talk to you first? Wow. I mean not all girls, only those girls that you're afraid to talk to for making a fool of yourself.

It's not even that you're afraid not to impress them. Not that your afraid to fail at gaining favour, but that you're afraid to lose favour. Yes, these girls are easier to speak to when they first speak to you.

On a seperate note: God works in mysterious ways. My Rejoice team has been swapped. I was playing with Tae, Dan, Andrew J, Geri, Erin and Natalie, a dream team really. Full of wonderful musicians, wonderful voices. And I show up (yesterday) to set up sound for the other team (which I asked not to do, because I need to sleep) and Dave says to me "We need to trade you to the other team beacuse the team you're on has no driver, and Steve is the second driver on the other team". Good reason to do it.

But what about breaking up me and Tae? We are TOGETHER. Drum and Bass clickage. I mean two musicians, one player. Go ahead and break us up!

So I practiced with the other team yesterday, then. And much to my suprise, I am playing with a lot of key musicians! Key vocalists! I will say this much: I feel less "glamourous" playing for this team. Maybe because pride is hurt? Well good then, there's no room for pride in worship music. But also, Todd is an amazing bassist. He says to me "If you get the song, I'll just lock into your bass." And he does just that! He's down with alternate rhythm (something he was staved of with other drummer) and he's far more flamboyant than Tae. I find him to be a bit off the beat at times, simply because he's too busy, but that is easily fixed. My team now consists of Chris, Julia, Todd, Melanie and Sarah. However there is already conflict and one member may be leaving.

*sigh* Rejoice. *sigh* Girls...

Rejoice is very important to me. Girls... not so much? Maybe so much.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home