<$BlogRSDUrl$>
ranDOMinion
where ranDOMness is key...

Just a Servant

Wednesday, September 29, 2004
I am fancifully fascinated at the prospect of speaking French. In Africa. As a missionary.

The notion struck me today in chapel after Wilf Hildebrandt said "...And there is much need in those 12 French speaking countries". I had known before hand that there were French speaking countries in Africa, but the thought never occured to me that I could go there.

I had had thoughts about ministering in Quebec, as a French-speaking minister. But I quickly lost sight in it, mainly due to the fact that I still doubt myself as a minister. I still hang on to the plan of someday going back to highschool to teach.

Even so, just a phrase from some distant testimony can speak life into another dream. In Africa, there are endless possibilities. The idea that I can go somewhere, earn enough to support living, make endless friends and even family, all while doing God's will is just so incredibly joyous.

I imagine a 3-4 month trip, after junior year at Summit. Maybe I will teach? Maybe I will minister by music? Well... I sure hope not. How can western music be of any effect to an African audience?

Either way, this will need prayer, and there is a long time ahead of me. I wonder if this is another pipe-dream resembling Quebec, or if this is a mature, reasonable, attainable life-goal. All things through Jesus Christ are possible.

And to think I said to myself "Oh God, I hope I never go to Africa".
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home