<$BlogRSDUrl$>
ranDOMinion
where ranDOMness is key...

How Much Serious is Enough?

Saturday, October 23, 2004
A seventeen year old, ADHD kid tells you he wants to die. He's suicidal.

Seroiusly. Does his life rest in your hands? What can I do?

All his phone calls I've ignored? His e-mails? What about all the times I've let him try to wander around the youth group, hoping he'll make his own friends?

What about the stories he makes up? He's known to lie, to make people feel bad. He'll say that people are talking behind his back, but truthfully he is talking behind their backs.

But does that change anything? Suicidal. Take it seriously.

What if because of what I say he runs off and kills himself. How could I live? How do I live with that.

How long can we whipe his rear end? How long do we have to hold his hand and show him around? How long do I take what he says at face value? How long do I tell him that everyone loves him while he plainly denies it?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home