<$BlogRSDUrl$>
ranDOMinion
where ranDOMness is key...

Striped Memories

Friday, December 24, 2004
Come on in
I've gotta tell you what a state I'm in
I've gotta tell you in my loudest tones
That I started looking for a warning sign

When the truth is, I miss you
Yeah the truth is, that I miss you so
--Coldplay, "Warning Sign"

Stripe after stripe of reflective yellow flies by as the words play out in his mind. He sits and attempts to fix himself, searching for his "warning sign"--what was it that caused this longing?

His mind flashes white, and suddenly he's lying face up on Cultas Lake's boat dock attempting to count the stars aloud. She only laughs and tries counting them herself.

Another flash and he finds himself driving, but doesn't recognise the road. She says to him, "My absolute favourite thing is driving around aimlessly with you". Turns out he didn't know the street then either.

A final flash of white light leads him to his teenage home, to his backyard, where all of his friends had gathered, bringing meet for the grill and chairs for their bottoms. One guy runs through--buck naked.

He hadn't zoned out or died, but instead relived the thousdands of memories that has made his life worth while. How funny to think that time and time again he has passed each of these yellow stripes, just as he planned to pass each memory time and time again. On the road, paying new attention to, he said to himself "The truth is, I miss them all".
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home