<$BlogRSDUrl$>
ranDOMinion
where ranDOMness is key...

Last Thoughts as a Teenager

Saturday, January 15, 2005
No, this is no suicide.

Yet, simlutaneously and ironically, a large part of my life will be dead soon. Not to say that some overdramatic part of me would gladly call another oppressed part of me "dead to the world" but rather that a new chapter of my life begins starting now, putting to rest the old.

Some of you may know, and some may guess, January 16th is not only Bacon Day (which I think is not going to happen) but it is also my 20th birthday.

So what's dieing? Teenagehood.

Do we hide behind our age, and blame stupid, reckless things on our stupid, reckless adolescence? I would like to think that many years ago I had matured above stpuidity and recklessness, however, some recent events may prove otherwise. I think that these incidents are a different kind of stupid, and reflect a matured sense of intensity.

In any case, I can look back at what is now history and summarize: I have changed. Of course no change happens overnight, but... entering teenagehood and gonig through it, and seeing over the course of 7 years a new chick pecking out his eggshell.

I have become complacant, caring, laid back, loving, thoughtful, artistic, romantic. Through a series of friends whom I allowed to inflict upon me the pain of change, I have become these things. I don't regret it, they've made me who I am today.

At the same time, some things haven't changed at all. I am still intense, passionate, quick to react, shy (although I hide it well), still play video games, still can't manage money.

I look forward, as I turn 20, to what God has in store for me. The people I will meet, the future of my character. In 20 years will I still be laid back and artistic?

Thanks everyone for making this the most enjoyable 20 years I have expereienced thus far. Stick with me, I think I've got some aces up my sleeve.

Becoming


Of twenty Years
Of love and fears
Stands a man
Without a plan
Character same
Character changed
By friends, foes
God unchanged
With a love
In my heart
Unlike a dove
Do I dart
With the passion
Driven within
The man becoming
Me.


I am nerdier than 74% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home