<$BlogRSDUrl$>
ranDOMinion
where ranDOMness is key...

Comfortability

Thursday, June 30, 2005
Are you comfortable?

As I was showering, I had a fleeting thought that I had been showering here forever. Not meaning that the shower was long, but that when I think of shower, I think of this bathroom in this house. Then, just as quick, I reminded myself that I have only been here for about a month. I am comfortable here already?

The first month of freshman year at Summit (then Western) was very difficult for me. Coming to the school as a newb, all of the returning students know I am a newb. Upperclassmen, as great as they are, were upperclassmen and stayed away. The freshmen, being new, observed how I carried myself, and still to this day, some claim I am a class or two ahead of them, simply because I seemed so comfortable. So they stayed away too. How was I so comfortbale so quickly then?

Then again, maybe this comfortability births from a desire to find a home. Home. You know, somewhere to put your feet up and forget about everything outside--a place to call my own. A sanctuary. I have not found a home yet; I'm homeless.

Life ahead is pretty long. I suppose I will have much time to put my feet up. And who knows, maybe this quick to comfort idea is God's way of preparing me for a changing of surroundings. I like that idea: it's a bit hopeful.

I'm now going to sleep in my comfortable bed.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home