<$BlogRSDUrl$>
ranDOMinion
where ranDOMness is key...

mmm... Sushi... or sushimi?!

Monday, August 08, 2005
Well, well, well. Aren't you all sad now that you didn't e-mail me to come to sushi day?! You should be. And in case you are, I'm going to rub it in. And if you're not, then I will give you seven reasons why you should be.



james and jen



As the menu says it, some people gathered at Shabusen Yakiniku House to eat tons of SUSHI. I don't know why Jen's looking at the menu; it's written in four languages and she can read neither of them. Looks like James is occupied with something else.



Dave and Kelsey



Imagine your surprise: you think you're going out to "sushi" and you find out there's a fire pit in the middle of your table. "What's going on?!" Kelsey was clearly confused. Dave is...Well, Dave is Dave.



tea incident...twice



Ok, so it's a crappy pic. But it serves to remind us of how easy we were labelled the "stupid white kids", as our table (no names mentioned...) managed to spill tea TWICE within sixty seconds--the second time only seconds after a laughing waiter brought us extra napkins. Seriously.



Lavish eats



I really wasn't kidding about the fire pit, though it's more of a grill. See, this restaurant is part sushi part korean BBQ. So they light it up and you throw on raw beef, raw chicken, raw pork and eat it RIGHT OFF THE GRILL. So amazing. Even more amazing, check out that serious load of wholesome fish-on-rice goodness.



me ofcourse



Of course I was there. By the time Kelsey had figured out how to use the camera (and obviously not how to delete stuff on it), I'm way stuffed and had forcefed myself half a dozen rolls by then. Our table (no names!) ordered too much food, so we were charged more than the "all-you-can-eat" fee. Aparently, we ordered more-than-you-can-eat.



Lions Gate Bridge at Stanley Park



Of course, no trip anywhere's near downtown is ever complete unless you visit world renoun Stanley Park. Aparently they're painting the Lions Gate Bridge. Why paint now if the Olympics are here in five years? "Hey look, this bridge's paint job is faded. Stupid Vancouver."



bike and James



Hey! My blog--my shameless plug. Bike's for sale. E-mail if you're interested. James is sitting on it here, and making me very nervous. I don't think I was ever so close to filling my pants as I was then.



So really, next time we go to sushi, who's coming? ALL OF YOU.
10 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home