<$BlogRSDUrl$>
ranDOMinion
where ranDOMness is key...

Sperm?

Friday, September 23, 2005
I think I've shared this before, but it is all so relevant today as I consider my position in life, dealings of things normal.

The work (defined as energy consumed to produce a displacement) exherted by a spermazoid to swim a few centimetres in the uterus is proportionatly equivalent to a human being swimming through 3 city blocks of wet concrete.

It's easy to consume energy and feel like your normative movement is much faster than your actual displacement. All this to say that I feel like I'm beating my head on a wall--simply for the sake of believing that if I beat my head against this wall enough, I will eventually break through.

There are many people suffering, mentally, emotionally, today. Is there rest from this? Is there complacancy to be found? Perhaps the suffering is normal, but is our sensitive reaction to it justified? Perhaps we deal with depression in North America so much because we have given birth to a term that allows bad things to happen for no necessary reason at all--things that are normal are now things that are unacceptible.

"Until the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of changing, no one will ever change."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home