<$BlogRSDUrl$>
ranDOMinion
where ranDOMness is key...

C8H10N4O2

Monday, November 07, 2005
I used to be able to drink coffee, XL, doubledouble, cup after cup, and it would actually aid in my sleeping efforts, if it had any effect on me at all.

This may be attributable to the fact that having lost so many countless hours of sleep last year due to working the graveyard shift that no aliment could ever cause loss of sleep; or atleast so I am inclined to believe.

However, tonight I am caused to believe that I am no longer impervious from the effects of caffeine in the slightest manner, whatsoever. Friday night, after having coffee with Erin, came back to dorm, and coupled with troubled mind, had little difficulty staying up till nearly 5am. The lack of sleep that night I attribute to issues of regular nature raging through my mind, however tonight's lack of sleep is clearly caused by the coffee I had at Tim Hortons with Dave, Mel, Matt, Christy and Lindsay.

Tonight, I find when my mind races, it races to the same topics as Friday night's sleepless issues. So I am left wondering, does caffeine, aside from stimulating the body also stimulate the mind in thought but also emotion? Can it cause imbalance as to increase anxiety and sensitivity?

---

I've grown up with the understanding that beyond our control is the effect we have on others, that a joke or an insinuation in its context relies completely on the inturpretation of the listener, and never on the intents of the speaker, and so, when I disregard the possible inturpretations of my friends when I speak, I do them a horrible injustice.
7 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home