<$BlogRSDUrl$>
ranDOMinion
where ranDOMness is key...

Internally Conflicted

Monday, November 21, 2005
Dear You,

I am internally conflicted.

I stand here, divided in two. Surrounded by a thick mist of darkness, I have only this narrow path of Light to follow. I'm sure that it goes somewhere important, or the Light wouldn't exist. I know my feet exist, I can feel the sand in between my toes, but I can't see them. All I know is to trust the Light, and that everything I need to get wherever I'm going is along the way.

But I can't ignore the growl in my stomach. I'm hungry, it's true. It's an insatiable need for sustenance. There is only a glimpse of you, but you seem to be a food that keeps on feeding. I know that if I wander far enough from this path, I might know you more, I might learn just how good a strengthener you are.

If only this path straight and narrow were a bit wider. If I sit here and contemplate, I neither move closer to wherever I am led, nor am I fed. Either way, I need to move in one direction, and one may negate the other.

I am sorry that I will probably have to leave you behind. Maybe we will meet again someday, when you are closer to this path of Light I am blessed to follow.

Just remember: every time my belly churns, I'll be thinking of you, and how I wish it didn't have to be.
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home