<$BlogRSDUrl$>
ranDOMinion
where ranDOMness is key...

Steward

Friday, January 20, 2006
Yesterday I crafted a beautiful, blown glass vase. It is an intricate swirl of reds, oranges and yellows. The crafting wasn't difficult, much at all, since I am a professional. It's not the first vase I ever blew.

It was a special order for a young man, who had come into the shop a month ago. He wanted this fragile work of art for a myriad of reasons, I'm sure. I had seen him in the store before, eyeing other vases, though I knew him; I knew he would admire a vase for a while and move on. He didn't really know what he was looking for, until he came to me and put in his order.

He picked it up, earlier today. He looked me square in the eye and said, "I'm not sure how you've done it, but it's simply captivating. I promise you I will steward such a precious gift with the greatest might".

I try not to make my work too personal, but giving these things away brings a sentimental value to me! I mean, they are already paid for, so a customer can walk in with nothing and leave with half the store. His promise to me lightened my heart greatly, as it was and is a truly beautiful vase; a work to be proud of. It gladdens my heart to know it's appreciated by him, now its steward, as much as I had.
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home