<$BlogRSDUrl$>
ranDOMinion
where ranDOMness is key...

When I Stand

Monday, February 06, 2006
When I stand in your cathedral, that stands a hundred feet tall, whose walls light up in an explosion of colour and warmth, whose furniture remembers your people and all their struggles, your magnitude is incalcuable. The still, cold breeze that permiates the building may very well be your breath. How far beyond these hills, how far beyond everything I can see are you greater?

When I stand on your mountain, and look down upon your people, watch them scurry, and wonder at their struggles, I am amazed that minutes after marvelling your great size that I can feel the same way. How marvelous it is to be like you, made in your image, and feel like you. Down there are people who have depression, who are happy, who can't pay their bills, who are getting married, who are breaking up, who are relying on you, who are hating you; and you are so much bigger than them, so much bigger than their issues.

When I stand back and consider that you are so large, that I am like you, I can't help but believe that with you, I am so much bigger than these issues I let get me down.
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home